Field Sales Executive job description:
Field Sales Executive (FSE) is the representatives to perform field sales or outside sales. They are territory focused and have to travel from one location to another location to meet potential clients and to sell their products or services in person.
We also know them as Account Executive, Account Sales Executive, Technical Sales Officer, Admin & Sales Executive, Field Marketing Officer, Field Sales Representatives, Outside Sales Representative, Route Sales Representatives, etc.
FSE usually works for B2B and wholesale organizations, so their work process depends on building a relationship and long-term commitment. To keep the client happy, enhance profit and maintain a healthy relationship, they have to visit clients place regularly to perform maintenance, to place replenishment orders and have to take other initiative measures as field jobs are to delight their customers.
Field Sales Executive jobs:
The field sales job is a client-facing along with a go-getter attitude, thus he has to travel to a different location to meet their prospective clients as the representative of the company, to generate the revenue of the company by selling their products or services.
The monthly task assigned to FSE, so for that, he has to visit the territory, to meet the target and to complete the assigned task. Usually, the Regional Sales Manager is the reporting officer of the field marketing officer.
The work of FSE more or less the same, as that of the Sales Executive, the only difference is the amount of extra workload. Besides the public dealing the field executive has to do the administrative work, thus have to do lots of paperwork, manage accounts and logistic issues.
Not only the administrative part, but he has to maintain records of the future and past meetings, customers contact details, updating computer database in the back office, etc. At last with loads of responsibilities and paperwork, they have to report to their respective area manager.
As the FSE is the representative of the company, so they have to be smart, presentable, personable, able to communicate with the targeted persona and last but not the least, should have expertise in handling public dealing under difficult circumstances.
If you are social and have the confidence to face the challenges of the target-driven nature of the sales job, then you meant for field jobs.
Employers of sales executives
We know that Job sales executive requires lots of patience, hard work along with smart work. Therefore, we can say that field executive should possess an art of selling any product, from needle to sword, from insurance to advertising, etc.
Field job is a point of interest to many of the technological and pharmaceutical companies, to represent their company, products or services and sell their brand to their prospective client, and distribute their product among various companies.
Today, from small-town double-glazing companies to international media corporations, door-to-door sales have become their first choice to generate revenue.
As the sky is the limit for field sales profession, thus this job of sale executive not limited to certain people or companies but has increased their area of sale and has become edgeless. This is the reason field sales professionals are passionate about sales.
Field Sales Executive Job Responsibilities:
Field sales officer is the face of the company, as he is the only one who represents the organization in front of the prospective clients. Responsibilities of field sales representatives are:
- Target and gain new clients for business growth.
- Generate reports for effective marketing and sales planning.
- Maintain a relationship with the existing customer and focus to make new clients and so increase the sales of the company.
- Negotiate payment and pricing with the customer on behalf of the company and thus makes the deal favorable for both customer and the organization.
- Travel to different locations to client, arrange meetings with them and to make them agree to buy the products or services offered by the company.
- To maintain a long-lasting relationship, evaluate customer skills and demands.
- Conduct presentations and demonstration of the company product.
- To nurture a relationship with the client by regular and consistent follow- up.
- Develop a sales strategy to generate the business lead for the company.
- Excellent product or services knowledge and updated with the latest trends in the industry.
- Meet sales target and close the deal at a top rate.
- Knowledge of the company product, to educate the customer with the benefits of the services.
Qualifications & Skills of Field sales executive Jobs:
They are the professional, thus requires skills and qualification to meet the standard of the job. They are:
- Confidence and Positive Attitude
- Feeling of Customer Service.
- Creative, flexible to work hours.
- Quality of negotiation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Pro-efficient, hardworking, resilient, willing and diligent.
- Highly focused to deliver the best for their organization.
- Excellent knowledge of the product and the company.
- Numerical Ability to prepare financial reports.
There is no particular requirement restricted for the job of field sales executive, just the right approach with a positive attitude.
- High School
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in business, communications, Management, Strategic Marketing, Economics or a similar field.
Entry Level- less than 1-year experience
Early career- 1-4 years of experience
Mid-career- 5-9 years of experience
Experienced Level- 10-19 years of experience
Late career- 20 years and higher experience
Success always depends upon the degree of hard work and determination. After having a hand-full of experience as a field sales executive, you can apply for the Inbound sales representative, followed by the Outbound sales representative, Inside sales representatives to Outside sales representatives, further move on to Account Executive, then Account Manager, Sales Operations Manager, Sales Manager and last but not the least Sales Director.