Organisations, companies, and start-ups are constantly on the lookout for new talent. They are looking for a dynamic workforce that successfully opens the door for new business opportunities, something bigger and better. However, having a dedicated wing that focuses only on hiring and recruitment can work out too expensive for some. That is where staffing agencies come in!
Staffing agencies are the intermediaries between companies and the eager workforce, waiting to be hired. They provide the forward link for you to recruit quickly and with greater flexibility and precision.
Why should you hire a staffing agency?
- They work by your rules. They create new filters to comb through the hundreds of potential candidates they have on hand or that is submitted to them. If agencies already know of a candidate who is fit for the job, they match that candidate with a suitable job, or else they advertise the opening within their hiring circles – which is usually met with a multitude of responses.
- Agencies might also have recruiters who specialise in particular areas of expertise. For example, if a position is open in the sales department, the agencies have potential to shortlist those with appropriate department related knowledge, by verifying the same with their in-house recruiter who has a sales background!
Approaching a staffing agency
- Getting in touch: An employee gets in touch with a staffing agency and mentions key details in line with the company such as – number of positions open, salary, hiring timeline etc.
- Staffing agency begins with their recruitment process: This includes writing up a job description, looking for candidates who fit the requirements, advertising on behalf of the hiring company etc
- Reviewing applications and shortlisting- staffing agencies go through applications and resumes, after which they schedule and conduct interviews before finally presenting the cream of the crop to the hiring company.
- The hiring company has the final say, i.e., they conduct the last round of interviews to see which candidate fits their requirement.
- The agency assumes legal risks and document filing and takes on the risks related to legal matters, tax filing and paper, contracts etc.
Busting myths about Staffing Agencies
The two biggest myths about working with a staffing agency are that they are expensive, and the quality of employees are low. Staffing agencies, according to Business News Daily, can charge 25%-100% of the hired employees’ wages, as well as other fees. However, the hoard of other benefits offered by them is incomparable.
- Their ability to recruit is elastic to your hiring needs. You can opt for temporary, temp-hire or direct hire options and the agency will do as required. They work with your growth plans, and workforce requirements.
- They can save your company money and time. Managing day-to-day operations along with elaborate hiring processes may not be an ideal strategy and can get difficult, especially when a company is looking to scale up. Staffing agencies are key to getting this lengthy process over with just minimal effort and great results!
- In addition to the hiring routine, legal and financial liabilities are borne by the staffing agencies. They might also take responsibility for the employees while they are appointed.
- Regarding the quality of employees, those hired are employees who value flexibility and variety that companies can offer them. They have been recruited multiple times, thereby indicating that they have qualifications combined with experience.
Businesses have a blueprint that they meticulously follow to be impactful leaders in their industry. A key ingredient for this growth is personnel. It is a crucial resource which, if tapped, has potential to elevate your business to new heights. Staffing agencies are diverse in their recruitment strategies and can thereby cover more ground to hire for your company. Nowadays, a common business strategy is to remain on the look-out to maintain a liquidity in their workforce, to keep new ideas pouring in. This is why hiring a staffing agency to recruit for you could be the best decision your company makes!